How will you name your mermaid pond in Europa?

Sunday, 29 April 2012 18:46 by salim

So, you were looking up one night and found this brilliant blue lake with full of mermaids in Europa. Something no one else has found. Assuming it is not just the result of that mind altering substance you just took, first thing (after taking pictures etc. and before calling the Today’s Show or the equivalent) is to establish a name for that. There is no app for that (yet), but there is a site for that. To name a new feature that you find in the heavenly bodies within the solar system, you submit the following form.

How cool is that.

Now, can you tell me what is Ah Peku Patera?! I know, smart ones among you would have noticed the Patera (which, we all know is an irregular crater with complex edges) will know what kind of feature it is. It is in Io. I wonder how long craters can survive on Io. It is an extremely geologically active planet. Yes, I know what you are thinking. Are there any Indian names in there. Of course there is. Agni Patera. It is pretty big at almost 20 KM but puny compared to the Maasau Patera sitting right next to it. I am sure there are several others.

For endless hours of fun finding out the weird features of our family of planets and moons and other objects, visit The Gazetteer of Planetary Nomenclature published by International Astronomic Union.

Have fun.

Categories:   Science
Actions:   E-mail | del.icio.us | Permalink | Comments (14) | Comment RSSRSS comment feed

Comments

May 13. 2012 19:02

D: Dear God, consenting adults...? Again is it ok to screw your stepchildren, adopted kids? Family is more than blood.......Get a grip.Report this comment as spam or abuse

Miriam Aeschlimann

May 14. 2012 05:39

Someone necessarily help to make critically articles I might state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual submit incredible. Fantastic job!

Chanell Manrique

May 16. 2012 15:24

Many individuals will take edge of this credit score. This will also give us a better graphic of the property industry, as there will be no unique prize to buy after the money score is no longer available.

The Art Times

May 18. 2012 00:43

You actually make it seem so easy along with your presentation but I to find this matter to be actually something which I think I might never understand. It seems too complex and very large for me. I am taking a look ahead in your next put up, Iˇ¦ll attempt to get the hold of it!

Danny Hattan

May 19. 2012 16:55

Problems accessing health care? Yet, these hayseed populations groups keep voting for Republicans. I'm convinced, there must be something in the water down there. They can't be that stupid, can they?

Jacquelyne Hochstatter

May 19. 2012 17:31

Thank you very much. I am glad you found me!

Richard Trevor

May 20. 2012 03:34

All the power sources you mention are unreliable especially solar and wind nuclear fission is a possibility but a better source of energy would be nuclear fusion their people working on it right now the only problem is getting the fusion reaction started once started there would be unlimited clean energy no waste once the fusion reaction stops their is no radio active waste you should look into it if we covered the entire U,S. with wind and solar we would only get about 2% of our power needs and that would be only during the day or when the wind blows.<br />References :

Eula Loffler

May 21. 2012 10:24

And now.... Please do a study of the IVF babies and include in it a true representation of the outcomes; i.e.  multiples, high infant mortality rate, birth defects, etc<br />Thank you.

led trake

May 22. 2012 15:51

Good for you. To have taken control of your life at such a young age. You are amazing to me!

Vernia Shill

May 23. 2012 05:01

Lauren A-<br />Per the rules a person is allowed to apply 5 times, but they must be in 5 different CHAA's. If we have more than one applicant for a specific CHAA, we will use our evaluation process to select the best applicant for that CHAA.

Arminda Cattrell

May 23. 2012 05:08

Rob-<br />for zoning and consequences please refer to the City (ordinances) that you wish to apply in...you would also need to contact the city to assure that you are in compliance with zoning requirements.

Jesus Palsgrove

May 24. 2012 22:03

You can try any of the movies based on Jane Austen novels.<br />References :

croatia escort

May 25. 2012 15:03

I conceive this web site holds very great indited written content content.

Money

May 25. 2012 15:50

Ha, Linda. That fear is unfounded, but I hear you. And the Dyson is amazing, isn't it? It sure does suck and has the most well-thought-out attachments.

zagreb escort